Contribute to the fight against child sexual exploitation: support ECPAT Belgium during the Brussels 20km race
What is it about?
Every year since 1980, the Brussels 20km race is held in May. The route connects most of the famous monuments of the Brussels city and Brussels region. The race will start in the Cinquantenaire park. The route traditionally goes through Rue de la Loi, Place des Palais, Regency Street, Avenue Louise, Bois de la Cambre, Avenue Franklin Roosevelt, Boulevard du Souverain and Avenue de Tervueren.
Regardless of whether you are sporty or not, you can help us take up this challenge! ECPAT Belgium is now building a team of runners and sponsors to raise funds to defend child victims of sexual exploitation.
Why should you pick ECPAT Belgium out?
ECPAT Belgium is the Belgian member of ECPAT International, the only global network exclusively dedicated to the fight against child sexual exploitation. Our activities are based on three main areas of work: preventing, listening and mobilizing. Every minute, a child becomes victim of sexual exploitation. Exploited through prostitution, child sexual abuse materials or trafficked, these children are rarely identified and protected. Perpetrators are almost never prosecuted. Child sexual exploitation is not to be considered a trivial topic, especially since it also takes place within Europe, Belgium and in Brussels.
ECPAT Belgium conducts regular preventive actions with field professionals to highlight the realities of child sexual exploitation in order to stop abuses. Our cornerstone is to position children victims at the centre of our movement. Making their voices heard in our studies, strategic choices and actions is essential to stay connected with their needs. Supporting ECPAT means supporting concrete actions to protect children against sexual exploitation. Every kilometre run enables us to fight against this gross violation of their rights.
Lastly, supporting us means contributing to the actions of one of the smallest NGO taking part in this edition of the 20km race. Your contribution will make all the difference.
What will we use your money for?
ECPAT Belgium is committed to ensuring transparency when dealing with the way your donations are used. By supporting ECPAT, you encourage our work and help us end child sexual exploitation. Every euro donated helps protecting child victims and preventing further abuse.
The money raised will support concrete activities, for instance:
- With 10€, ECPAT Belgium may print +/- 50 brochures to conduct prevention work among migrant children staying in Belgium, as they are at special risk when it comes to human trafficking;
- With 100 €, ECPAT Belgium may fund an hour spent with a lawyer to defend a child victim of sexual exploitation;
- With 200 €, ECPAT Belgium may translate a brochure informing young people of their rights in Belgium in the language of their choice;
- With 850 €, ECPAT Belgium may launch a training day aimed at professionals (room rental, equipment …).
In practical terms
The Brussels 20 km race will take place on 27 May 2018 at the Cinquantenaire Park in Brussels. ECPAT Belgium and Umbali team up to help you run for child victims of sexual exploitation. To support us, first step is to create an Umbali account.
- You would like to become a member of the team? Check out our Challenge and select “Join”. Registration starts from € 26.5 including the registration fees for the race, a tshirt in the colour of ECPAT Belgium and the administration fee of the platform. Then, share the event around to get sponsored!
- You can’t run for us but would like to support? You can sponsor our runners. Just click on the “Donate” button. Donations are key to ensuring that athletes can run for ECPAT! Every donation helps us raise more money for each of the kilometres travelled! All donations will be redistributed to ECPAT Belgium.
- If you cannot take part this time, but that you are involved in other sports or cultural events, get in touch!